Pages

Sunday 25 November 2012

Baking My Way: Peanut Butter Macaroon Brownie

Looks pretty tasty right? Two of my favorite things put together; chocolate and coconut. The brownie was pretty dry so I would add maybe some more butter, or apple sauce in it next time, but other then that it was very good! (Also, next time, I think I would put a layer of chocolate frosting on top of the coconut layer. YUM!!)

Brownie 
2 cups sugar
1 cup butter
1 1/4 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour 
2/3 cup cocoa
1 cup peanut butter chips 


Topping 
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk 
2 2/3 cup coconut 
1 cup chocolate chips

Heat oven to 350. 

Grease 15 x 10 x 1 baking pan. 

Combine sugar, butter and vanilla; beat until light and fluffy. 

Add eggs 1 at a time.  Beat after every addition. 

Add flour and cocoa; mix well. 

Stir in peanut butter chips. Spread in greased pan. 

Combine topping ingredients. 

Spoon topping over brownie; spread carefully. 

Bake for 27-32 minutes or until topping is light golden brown. Cool 1 hour or until completely cooled. Cut into bars.

(I ended up having to cook it another 15 minutes because the brownie was still very doughy) 

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments and feedback! I enjoy reading each one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...