Pages

Saturday 24 November 2012

Baking My Way: Chocolate and Vanilla Chip Biscotti

Finally I got biscotti right! I'll be honest, I don't really like the stuff. I like chewy soft baking, not crunchy stuff like this but there were around 5 biscotti recipes in this book so I had to do them all! I think this might be the last one and I got it right finally (I seemed to always under or over bake). This biscotti is pretty good. It's nice and chocolaty and the vanilla chips add a good sweetness in there.

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, softened
3 eggs
1 cup white vanilla chip

Directions:
Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

Spray cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray.

In medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa and baking powder; mix well.

In large bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar and butter; beat until blended.

Add eggs; beat well.

Add flour mixture; mix well.

Stir in vanilla chips.

With sprayed hands, shape dough into three 7" rolls.

Place rolls 3" apart on sprayed cookie sheet; flatten each to 7" x 3" rectangle.
 
Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 22 to 28 minutes or until set and light golden brown.
 
Remove from cookie sheet; place on wire racks.
 
Cool 5 minutes.
 
With serrated knife, cut rectangles into 1/2" slices.

Arrange slices, cut side up, on ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 6 to 8 minutes or until top surface is slightly dry.

Turn cookies over; bake an additional 6 to 8 minutes or until top surface is slightly dry.

Remove from cookie sheets; cool 15 minutes or until completely cooled.

Store in tightly covered container.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments and feedback! I enjoy reading each one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...